Welcome to SMART Recovery Connecticut.
SMART Recovery is a modern, science-based, addiction recovery program that addresses the four points where most people encounter difficulty:
- Building and maintaining motivation
- Coping with urges
- Dealing with thoughts, feelings and behaviors
- Living a balanced life
You can read more about the history of SMART Recovery in Connecticut on our history page, and how you can help on our volunteer opportunities page.
What you do outside of the meeting is MORE IMPORTANT than what you do at the meeting and face-to-face meetings are only a segment of SMART. Here are some other things you can do:
- Go to smartrecovery.org and attend one or more online meetings. (You can even listen to podcasts.)
- Purchase a handbook. Handbooks are available at smartrecovery.org and we also have some for purchase at the meeting.
- Put what you learn into practice in your everyday life.
Please contact us with ANY feedback and/or suggestions.
This is your recovery and you decide how you want to recover.